When I was formulating the scent for our original products and I blended oils for months, I became increasingly aware that most of my blends contained sweet orange oil.
- Sweet orange (Citrus sinensis) oil is a cold-pressed oil from the peel. It can also be steam-distilled.
- Our organic oil is sourced here in the United States.
- As a single note, the oil is uplifting and easily makes you smile.
- When added to blends, it has a way of sweetening or softening the overall aroma of the blend.
- Despite popular belief, sweet orange oil is not phototoxic. Check out a recent blog post I wrote on this topic.
"Smells do bring back memories...smell goes into the emotional parts of the brain and the memory parts, whereas words go into thinking parts of the brain.”
What scents or oils do you enjoy that seem to lift your mood and make your day a little better? Do you enjoy sweet orange as much as we do? Send me your thoughts. I would love to hear from you.
In the meantime, next time you cut open an orange, pay attention to how you feel.It's amazing how some of the most simple things can bring us happiness.
• 1 banana, sliced and frozen
• 1 orange, peeled and sectioned
• 1 cup milk of choice (I love coconut or cashew)
• 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
• 1 Medjool date or sweetener of choice to taste
Blend all ingredients on high in your blender until smooth and creamy. Enjoy!