Cue in all the things that make us excited about this season -- warm comfort food plus fall-scented body care and candles to help set the mood.
Today, I'm sharing a great wholesome snack bar recipe that is wonderful for this time of the year. Enjoy!
- 1 cup dried fruit (cranberries & apricots would be great)
- 1 1/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 coconut or almond flour
- Optional: 1/3 cup coarsely chopped nuts (I used walnuts)
- 2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup or honey (don't skip this as it helps bind ingredients)
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- dash salt
- Preheat oven to 350º F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Coarsely chop dried fruit. Reserve a handful.
- Add all ingredients except nuts and reserved fruit to a food processor. Pulse on high until well blended.
- Add in nuts and reserved fruit. Process for just a few seconds to combine with other ingredients. Don't over process so that you have a few chunky bits of fruit and nuts.
- If your mixture feels too wet, add a tablespoon or so of oats. If your mixture feels too dry, add in a tsp or so of your sweetener of choice.
- Pour out mixture onto parchment paper.
- Gently "roll" out into a rectangle with a rolling pin. (approx 1/2 inch thick). Use the edge of your rolling pin to nicely shape your creation as shown in photo.
- Bake for about 25 minutes until edges are beginning to turn golden brown.
- Transfer to a wire rack (still on parchment paper) and cool completely. Sneaking in a warm bite about now is totally necessary. :)
- You can transfer them to the frig. for 20 minutes to cool if you are in a rush to cut them.
- Cut into bars and store at room temperature in a closed container for about a week. (They won't last that long!)
- Yields 9 bars or 18 small bite-size bars.
- Adapted from Deliciously Ella
This information first appeared in our bi-weekly newsletter.
Every couple of weeks, our newsletter is delivered to your inbox and include wonderful DIY beauty and natural living recipes, occasional giveaways, peeks inside our production area, news from Rachel's Plan Bee and so much more.