Here is my quick list so far:
- If you are waiting for the "perfect" time to launch a business, forget about it -- it will never happen. Just go do it!
- Keep a diary of your day to day interactions with people about the business - good or bad. Writing stuff down makes it come alive and it will push you to do better.
- Listen to your customers -- they have the BEST ideas about product development, etc.
- If you don't know something, for Pete's sake go ask someone! I am amazed at how many people out there are willing to share their knowledge.
- Read, read, read! I have absorbed a ton of information from just immersing myself in all things "small business" on the web and in print.
- If you make a mistake (eek!), give it the attention it needs and move on! There is nothing worse that lingering on what went wrong -- focus on what is right and dump the negative energy :)
What are some of the lessons you have learned while exploring your own plan bee?